Are you receiving my emails?

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Tue Nov 23 09:48:30 CST 2010

Hello jda,

Sunday, November 21, 2010, 2:34:57 PM, you wrote:

Well, really strange things...
Open  that  db  with  vStudio  (as  before) and now I see some records
(~100).  And more compact now do nothing because all database segments
are in use.

BTW,  69338 segments on the volume and 271 segments
are allocated for segment-map!

Now I see - the BLOB occupies ~140Mb.
After cloning this BLOB occupies ~20Mb.

So my assumption is different now.
Somehow  BLOB  may loss some BLOB-segments. For example - putting some
data  to  the  BLOB and forget to "commit" it with either AddRecord or
UpdateRecord,  but move to another recID instead. Of course, there are some guards
in   our   code  which  should prevent such orphan segments but anyway
you should avoid such situation:

tbl.SetBlank()
fldBlob.WriteData( pData )
... no AddRecord()
tbl.NextRecord

or

tbl.FirstRecord
fldBlob.WriteData( pData )
... no UpdateRecord()
tbl.NextRecord

Could you describe more detailed how blob data comes to the database?

BTW - what valentina version was used?

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc