Create Unique Index On Multiple Fields

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Nov 21 11:52:06 CST 2010

On 11/21/10 5:51 PM, "Warren Kuhl" <warrenkuhl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to create a unique index on two fields (both fields together have
> to be unique).  How do I do this in Valentina Studio.  I see how to make each
> field unique...just not sure how to combine them.

Hi Waren,

You can solve this task in Valentina using very powerful concept
    Table Methods

Also known as calculated field in FileMaker.

In WIKI exists description of all this ideas.

In short, you create method in the same way as a field in table.
Then you define some Expression on that 2 fields.
Then mark METHOD field to be indexed and unique.