[ADK-VNET 0004918]: Crash in Flush while adding large amount of Blob-data

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Sun May 30 06:32:52 CDT 2010

Hi,

just to confirm, that I understood it correctly, specially in respect of
disk-space-usage:

> http://www.valentina-db.com/bt/view.php?id=4918
> Well, database segment size is 1024 bytes. And BLOB segment size is also 1024
> bytes. You should understand the difference between db and blob segments.

Assume I set database-blocksize to 8K.

Then I start filling up with blobs, which have in average a size of lets say 5K.

So vbd takes the first block (of 8k) and stores the first blob (of 5k).
Whats happening with the remainig 3K if this block? Will it stay empty, or do
you use it for the next blob?

Where comes the Blob-Blocksize in this game?

Tom

--
**   Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Flemming
**   mail  tf at ttqv.com