Exeption in table.Flush

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon May 17 10:31:30 CDT 2010

On 17/5/10 4:31 PM, "Thomas Flemming" <tf at ttqv.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

>> 2) what cache size ?
> 1MB

Wow

Why so small ???
For such big db as 2 GB only 1MB cache ...

Recommended size is 10-20 Mb.
And if you have big db then you can go up to 30-50Mb and more easy.

>> 3) if db.Flush() give the same error?
>> It is a good idea to have in your loop db.Flush() for each N records,
>> Where N can be 100 or 1000, up to you.
>

> didnt try, but will do so now.
> Currently I have table.flush after every single addrecord.
> Maybe not good?

Aha, after each record this is best possible from point of stability but
slow.

If you will set N = 100 you can go faster.

> Btw: do I always have to take care about the "flushing" on my own?
> Or do you anyway flush on vdb.Close?

We do flush on close, but you better have own.

Future flushes places will be replaced on COMMITs.