Exeption in table.Flush

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon May 17 08:16:08 CDT 2010

On 17/5/10 2:48 PM, "Thomas Flemming" <tf at ttqv.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> while saveing a big amount of records, some 100.000, suddenly I got error
> 9952A ERR_INTERNAL_SEGMENTMAP_CORRUPTED in Vtable.Flush.
> The vdb is 2.1.GB on harddisk at this time.
>
> Is there a limitation in size? What can cause this?

1) by idea no limit

2) what cache size ?

3) if db.Flush() give the same error?

> Its a freshly created database, just one table with one blob- ond one ulong
> field. Blobs are in average 10-15kbyte each.

Can we get this on hands then?

Where from you take records to add?

4) BIG POINT:  for Jon (jda) also:

This can be workaround or way to improve stability:

For such big import or batch inserts,
It is a good idea to have in your loop db.Flush() for each N records,
Where N can be 100 or 1000, up to you.

INFO: we going in transactions support for Valentina provide rule that
single transaction cannot modify data more than can keep your db cache.