Question About Segment Errors

jda jda at his.com
Fri May 7 12:06:44 CDT 2010

>  I used to
>create a cursor something like "SELECT * FROM myTable" which
>would obviously include the VText fields and then update
>whichever fields needed updating.  I since changed to only
>select the non-VText fields and update those.  If a notes field
>is changing, then I create a separate cursor containing only
>that field and update or add separately.

Interesting. I update each field when the user is finished
entering/editing (I do this in REALStudio on the LostFocus event, if
that matters). So only one field is updated at a time (actually two
fields, the VText field and a corresponding vBlob field that contains
styled text data). Does updating two fields at once trigger this rare
event (the bug I mean)? Of course I can't say.

Jon