Question About Segment Errors

jda jda at his.com
Thu May 6 20:31:23 CDT 2010

>> I'm also always flush after every write. And at least some of these
>> corruptions are occurring with no crashing on the applications part.
>
> Hi Jon,
>
> If you get this just on normal db.close() and next open()
> Then this should be considered as bug.
>
> What engine version you use?
> What size of db?

Hi Ruslan,

Case in point. A user bought my app today. Entered 4 records. He deleted them, and when that occurred he got this error (I abbreviate a bit):

...VKernel/FBL/prot/Structure/SegmentFile/FBL_SegmentFile.cpp Function: get_SegmentOffset Line 960:" Owner name "therefernces.volume": Segment "3" is wrong. The last segment is "2".

 Volume is a vText field, segment size 128. I can't say what he stored in it, but is was *probably* < 128 chars. Usually 6-9 chars max.

Jon