Question About Segment Errors

Infinity Development Team dev at infinitydatasystems.com
Tue May 4 10:08:18 CDT 2010

On 4/5/10 5:36 PM, "Infinity Development Team" <dev at infinitydatasystems.com>
wrote:

> > Hi Ruslan,
> >
> > I'm also always flush after every write. And at least some of these
> > corruptions are occurring with no crashing on the applications part.

>Hi Jon,

>If you get this just on normal db.close() and next open
>Then this should be considered as bug.

>What engine version you use?
>What size of db?

>* Segment size for that BLOB field.
>* avg size of data you store into this BLOB.

>And the main. Why you so sure that this is not result of crash?
>Can be that crash was 3 days ago, but you have note corruption in some
>record only today?

Hi Ruslan,

The fields in question are the vText fields. On the mailbox/db that's currently corrupted, the average size for the fields in only a few K. No attachments, or files of any kind, get stored in these fields. Only text.

The reason I'm pretty sure that the corruption is not from crashing, is because this is a mailbox/db that I use daily. I was using it yesterday, and then yesterday evening it was corrupted. There had been no crashes in that period. The last crash I experienced was nearly a week ago.

Thanks
Matt