V4RB: VException??

Claudius Sailer claudius.sailer at me.com
Mon May 3 23:42:27 CDT 2010

Hi Ruslan,

Am 04.05.2010 um 00:09 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> On 3/5/10 11:29 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <claudius.sailer at me.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Claudius,
>
>> I have following Code
>>

>>  SQLString="SELECT RecID,Online FROM Currencies"
>>  CurEx=V4RBSQLSelect(tmpDB,SQLString)
>>  Ende=CurEx.RecordCount
>>
>>  //Links korrigieren in Currencies
>>  cmd="ALTER TABLE Currencies MODIFY COLUMN Online OBJECTPTR CONSTRAINT
>> Currencies_Online__Online REFERENCES Online ON DELETE RESTRICT"
>>  count=V4RBSQLExecute(tmpDB,cmd)
>>
>>  for i=1 to Ende
>>    CurEx.Position=i
>>    cmd="UPDATE Currencies SET Online=" +
>> CurEx.stringfield("Online").getstring + "where RecID=" +
>> CurEx.stringfield("RecID").getstring
>>    MsgBox cmd
>>    count=V4RBSQLExecute(tmpDB,cmd)
>>  next
>>

>> for fixing a problem with my Links. After ALTER TABLE all ObjectPtr-fields
>> have value 0.
>
> Few days ago somebody have report this to mantis it seems
> We consider this as bug. Should be fixed for 4.7

when Do you think 4.7 is final with fixing this?

I am looking for other solutions at the moment and possibly I can wait until 4.7.

At the moment I transfer cursor to array and after alter I Update table with array values that I get back ehat I had before I ALTER.

But this is a lot of work to program. At the moment I have fixed this for 2 ObjectPtr-Fields and I have 33 ;-))

bye

Claudius

--
iMac CD 2GHz / MacOS X 10.6.2de / RB 2010r1/ Valentina 4.5
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de