Question About Segment Errors

Matt Milano dev at infinitydatasystems.com
Mon May 3 17:40:02 CDT 2010

Hi Ruslan,

I have to say, that's a bit troubling. For the last 3 years, I've been using SQLite and have only corrupted a single database. In that case, I was aggressively trying to corrupt it, to see what it would take to do so. In the last few weeks since switching to Valentina, these databases have not been extensively tested, and have only been used in regular day-to-day operations. All of them are under 1.5GB, with most of them just a few hundred MB. In the last few weeks though, nearly half a dozen have become corrupted.

I'm hoping that I'm doing some thing wrong, as Valentina's speed is absolutely amazing. Any ideas on why this high corruption level? Is Valentina more "temperamental" than SQLite?

Thanks,
Matt

This is a corruption of db.

To fix you need try to db.clone()

What size of your db?
In 4.6 was fixed major bug for dbs > 4GB.