4.6 and encoding

jda jda at his.com
Sat May 1 13:26:36 CDT 2010

On May 1, 2010, at 2:19 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 1/5/10 8:32 PM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jon,
>
>> This line, which has caused no problems since v2.0,  gives a
>> nilObjectException in v4.6:
>>
>> user5.storageEncoding = "UTF16"
>>
>> What is the proper syntax now (or is this line unnecessary)?
>
> user5  is what class? Vdatabase?

It's a VarCharField.

Could the error have been because I'm running Valentina in demo mode (old license number)?

I tried to order the upgrade to 4.6, but the Valentina store wouldn't let me log in or recognize that I've bought Valentina before. I asked it to send me my password again, but it's been an hour or more and I haven't gotten an email yet.

Jon