vServer log options

Danny Lewkin daniel.lewkin at cognosis.be
Tue Mar 2 05:28:52 CST 2010

Hi Ivan,

I don't think this is a good idea...
Syslog rotates, so that means, at certain point you will start losing info (advantage is that the file has a maximum size...)
But I have gone way back in logs sometimes to find a problem...
What I would like, is to see that the logfile gets zipped at certain size, and a new one is started.
This would keep the size of a log file usable, and we wouldn't lose any info.

Also, talking about this topic, in the log file, there is never a date mentioned for the message.
What I mean are messages like this:

12:22:17.421120 (3024284560): (26) I_SqlDatabase 'demo_core_bb.vdb' SqlQuery 'SELECT objptr_orgstatus->listvalue AS org_status FROM tbl_organisations WHERE RecID = 1'.

-> no date mentioned

Just my 5 cents,

Greetz,

Danny