DISTINCT not working - varchar

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 10:18:45 CDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Ivan Smahin
<ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com>wrote:

> No - you should do any special preparation.
> Valentina  offers  to  different  things  -  storage  encoding  and IO
> encoding.
>
> Storage encoding should be set to UTF16 always (for now).
> But  IO  encoding  is  the thing to avoid manual encoding data in your
> app.  You  should  set  it  to UTF8 in your case. This property is not
> schema storable - so you should set it each time before db open.
>
> See V4REV examples and wiki for details.
>
> OK, that explains it.

After changing Valentina to UTF-16 I just ran some of my Rev code and it
worked fine :-) I was scratching my head as I couldn't see anything in the
Rev examples that looked like they were swapping back and forth between
UTF-16 and UTF-8. Great to know I don't have to!

Thanks for taking the time to explain this. Much appreciated.