Tr : Re: V4MD 4.6 AND Director 11.5 AND Windows XP

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Jun 8 00:13:21 CDT 2010

On 7/6/10 4:16 PM, "Roland HILDEBRANDT" <r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr> wrote:

Hi Roland,

> So it seems that the director projector / valentina.x32 doesn't load the
> dll from Microsoft.VC80.CRT folder in application folder (or that it is a
> bad version but this is rarely a problem because a lot of systems have
> this library installed in winsxs).

* It cannot be bad version. Because our installer maker take it from the
same Visual 2005, which we use to build V4MD and other Valentina DLLs.

* yes, this is very rare problem, and after years of researching we have
found this reason at March 2010.

> We have tested to put the dlls of the Microsoft.VC80.CRT folder at the
> root of the application but this doesn't work.

This DLLs should be in THAT Microsoft.VC80.CRT

This is described in Visual C++ apps, Deployment Docs part.

> Installing the MS redistribuable package for MS Visual C++ solves the
> problem.

ok

> Any idea of what to change in order to get the valentina.x32 working
> without installing the MS package?

We don't know ...   :-(

-----------------------
> By the way using a vcomponents or vresources folder in the application
> folder to put all the valentina dlls doesn't work too

Wrong. I think you have misunderstood something.

> and for all dlls
> (not only Microsoft.VC80.CRT) . It only works when we puts the dlls
> directly at the root of the application folder.

Right dlls must be in APP.EXE folder.

> But as written in the wiki it should work:
> http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:v4md:m
> anual:deployment:win
> "Note, Valentina searches first of all the application folder for
> ³vresources² folder. If it finds it here, then Valentina assumes that all
> other items of Vcomponents folder also here. "

I try explain again this/
Should be

MyAppFolder
    MyApp.exe
    vshared.dll
    vkernel.dll
    vclient.dll
    vresources             folder
    Microsoft.VC80.CRT     folder
    Xtras                  folder  <<< only for V4MD
        V4MD

LOGIC is next:

1)    you do Valentina.Init()

      so  V4MD.dll calls -> Vshared.dll

2) vshared.dll   check if exists vresources fodler in the same fodler.

 if yes, then vshared do manual LOOAD of VKERNEL or VCLIENT dlls to RAM from
THIS MyAppFolder.

 if not then vshared try to load them from central place
        Program Filers / Paradigma Software / vcomponents