V4MD 4.6 AND Director 11.5 AND Windows XP

Roland HILDEBRANDT r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr
Fri Jun 4 12:10:57 CDT 2010

Hi Ruslan, Hi list,

We have an issue with the latest version of the V4MD xtra with an director
11.5 projector under Windows XP.

It is a local only project.

We have built a single projector (standard compilation on windows which
includes the dlls and xtras needed for the adobe projector) with only this
code on the first frame:

on exitFrame me
  alert "Start"
  db_Xtra = new(Xtra("Valentina"))
  alert "Xtra created"
  db_Xtra.Init( 8 * 1024 * 1024, "", "" )
  alert "Xtra Initiated"
  db_Xtra.Shutdown()
  alert "Xtra Shutdown"
  db_Xtra = void
  quit
end

As defined in the documentation we have put these files in the application
path for valentina:

dnssd.dll
ssleay32.dll
icudt30.dll
icuin30.dll
icuio30.dll
icuuc30.dll
vkernel_release_x86.dll
vshared_release_x86.dll
(we have deleted the client and reports as we have no use of them)
(we have deleted WX............custom.........dll as we do not use
reports)
(we have deleted libeay.dll as it seems not to be used)
folder: Microsoft.VC80.CRT
msvcp80.dll
msvcr80.dll
Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
folder: vresources\english
sql_errors.xml
kernel_errors.xml

We have tested it using a virtul machine with a fresh Windows XP SP1a
install.

=> the last alert we see is :  alert "Xtra created" ; so during the line
db_Xtra.Init( 8 * 1024 * 1024, "", "" ) the adobe projector crashes with a
windows error asking if we want to send a report.

We have applied SP2 to the fresh install.

=> same thing

We have applied SP3 to the fresh install.

=> same thing

================

But on other machines with XP SP3 it works without any problem.

================

We have tried to install some of our older projects with V4MD 1.11 and
director MX and it runs fine on the same virtual machine as for the first
test so it isn't a problem of the virutal machine.

================

We have also tested a 11.5 projector without valentina on the same virtual
machine and it works fine.

================

Until yesterday we used V4MD 4.5 in the same condition and the results
where the same on the machines where it is working but it was different on
the fresh install as we get a director script error the line before :
db_Xtra = new(Xtra("Valentina")).

Any clues what we have missed to install in order to have it working on a
fresh windows XP?

Any other suggestions?

Best regards

Roland Hildebrandt