Unlinking and Linking

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Jul 15 07:01:46 CDT 2010

On 7/13/10 3:15 AM, "Kay C Lan" <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Kay,

> If you add this feature, could you also make it symmetric:
>
> UNLINK (1) of Person FROM (ALL) of Phone
>
> UNLINK (ALL) of Person FROM (1) of Phone
>
> Thanks

FYI

We implementing this right now.

It will NOT be symmetric as above, just because they current grammar allow
EACH keyword only for the right part.

Feature you have asked for will looks as

UNLINK RECORD (1) OF T1 FROM EACH RECORD OF T2;
UNLINK RECORD (1) OF T1 FROM RECORDS OF T2;

UNLINK RECORD (1,2) OF T1 FROM EACH RECORD OF T2;
UNLINK RECORD (1,2) OF T1 FROM RECORDS OF T2;

I.e. Just skip on the right side IDs, and this will mean unlink from all
linked for specified left record(s)

Note, that word EACH also will be optional here.

WIKI, Mantis and BLOG will be updated about this feature soon