my db doesn't selects any german umlaute any more - help needed

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Jul 14 03:28:05 CDT 2010

Hello,

V4REV_3:

I have an rev application with a valentina db running for over a year. After
having made some minor updates in my program, suddenly my selection on the
db returns no german Umlaute ä ö ü ß any more. I have nothing changed on the
db selection routines (at least not consciously).

When opening the db with Valentina studio, the db is coded as UTF-16 and I
can select any Umlaute without any problem in Studio.

In my Rev program after having opend the db I set the IOEncoding to
“Macintosh”

Displaying the whole content of the db in my rev program shows all Umlaute
correct. So the problem is only the select statement with Umlaute.

My select statement looks very basic like this (e.g.): SELECT
begriffe.begriff_name FROM begriffe WHERE begriffe.begriff_name LIKE ‘%ä%’

and the VDatabase_SQLSelectRecords(dbRef,pSQL) returns empty

Same selection with ‘%a%’ works fine

Searching for two days already I am totally puzzeled. Perhaps I am
overlooking something very obvious. Perhaps the problem isn’t in my code,
but what could have happened with the DB?

Any ideas or hints where to look for are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Tiemo