Clone.....

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Sun Jul 4 16:38:02 CDT 2010

Hi,

afters hours of debugging I realized, that database.clone is changing the
values of fields with the EVFlag.fIdentity set!

For example I have some records in a table, so the values of the column with
the fIdentity-flag are  1,2,3,4,5....
Now I delete the first three records, so only the records with fIdentity
4,5,6... are remaining.

Now I clone this database with vdb.clone("newdb.vdb", true)

Now all records are renumbered, fIdentity is starting again at 1,2,3....

Is this a bug or a feature?

My problem is, I have other tables, where records are referring to this
fIdentity, and this relation is totally messed up after cloning...

Tom

--
**   Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Flemming
**   mail  tf at ttqv.com