VCursor.Database crashes

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Fri Jan 29 03:51:32 CST 2010

Hi Ivan,

I'm using the local V4RB plugin so no server involved. I'm not in front of my code right now and the brain is getting older each day. As far I remember I'm using the recommended cursor parameters (serverside, read/write).

Don't I have to use new for VDatabase as for every other class? Will try this evening to remove the line.

Unfortunately, the code below is part of a good half of the backend of my app so it will be not easy to make a simple project for reproducing this error.

valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net schrieb am 29.01.2010 09:13:30:

> I will try to reproduce it.
> But please, provide more info - what kind of cursor (Client or server)?
> Under vServer or locally?
>
> > The code seems to be quite simple:
>
> >    if hasCursor = nil then Return
> >    theCursor = hasCursor
> >    ValentinaDB = new VDatabase
> >    ValentinaDB = theCursor.Database
> >    theMailApplication = hasMailApplication
>
> Why do you create a db instance first:
>   ValentinaDB = new VDatabase
> and then replace it with another db instance?
>   ValentinaDB = theCursor.Database

Regards

Beatrix Willius