foreign key constraint

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 06:32:38 CST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin
<ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> Well, first of all, once again.
>        Please do not keep silent
>
> Any not expected behavior - please ask questions here on directly me and
> Ivan using our emails...

There are plenty of other issues.  For example, VStudio crashes on me
about 5 times a day.  Is there a crash log for that?  Sometimes I will
write some SQL in the SQL Editor and choose to execute it.  Some
seconds later (i.e. the progress bar has moved a little), VStudio will
crash.  If I then re-start VStudio and run the same query again,
VStudio will complete it without crashing.  If VStudio produces a
crash log, then maybe you'll be able to get to the bottom of that.

Another issue was when I dumped 1 TEXT field containing 500+ entries,
totalling about 400mb of data.  Some seconds later VStudio tells me it
has "successfully completed" the dump, but when that dialog box is
dismissed, VStudio throws up an error saying "unknown error", and when
I look at the SQL file produced it is only 1kb in size.  This is
dumping 1 table to SQL!  I would really expect something that basic
that to work, and if it fails I think "unknown error" is an
unimpressive diagnostic aid.  And speaking of diagnostics - when I run
"diagnose" on that database, it tells me that everything is
"allright".

Where is the benefit for me in reporting and contesting these issue?
It took so long for me to isolate what was causing the "compressor
error" for you.  If I report all these things it is just further
interruption to my workflow.  You made it clear you would not accept a
450mb database, and I'm not wasting my time removing sub-sets of data
then re-testing to see if your errors are still there.

I'm just trying to find a subset of features that will work, then I
will have as little as possible to do with Valentina.

Regards

Bernard