foreign key constraint

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 11:06:02 CST 2010

Hi Ivan

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Ivan Smahin
<ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com> wrote:
>> I started using binary links but I've given up on those.  They seem to
>> cause to many problems.
>
> Many  people  use  them  without  any  problem  - can you provide more
> details?

The problems I've experienced seem to be associated with binary links
AND using VStudio.  I can't say which part is responsible.  Maybe it's
something else.

I have been working with VStudio to create the binary links, and using
a SP to insert data into tables & then to create links.  That way the
only thing that Rev/LibDatabase is doing is making a single call to
the SP.  It provides some way to identify where the problem lies.

I would get strange errors on trying to call that SP.  The errors said
something to the effect of "the record is already linked".  I went
over and over my SP code and I could not see how I was linking any
record twice.  So, I decided to delete the records from the tables
using VStudio.  But even when the tables were empty I would get this
error when using the same call to the SP (only this time I was calling
it from within VStudio's SQL Editor, so absolutely nothing was
involved except Valentina products).  My suspicion is that when the
records are deleted from within VStudio's Data Browser then somehow
the records are not being unlinked.

Since there is no way to examine the binary links using VStudio (i.e.
how many links in db, which records they are supposed to be pointing
to, etc) , I decided to just use SQL only.

I dumped the database schema & records to xml , and planned to reload
them into a new db.  I could dump them, but when I created a new db, I
couldn't load the schema into a new database:

Kernel error: 0x9952a SegmentMap is corrupted - "Unknown".

It really doesn't inspire confidence in me when the schema cannot be reloaded.

Bernard