3.5.2-->4.3 migration

Robert Nichols robert at formwork-architecture.com
Sat Jan 23 10:24:53 CST 2010

I'm just embarking on migration of a major RB client app and vserver from 3.5.2 to 4.3. I'm still running RB 2007 rel. 5.

Based on past experience, I am expecting this to be a slow and tedious process. Mostly my fault for having put off maintenance development for so long. So, I'm afraid I may be tormenting the list with questions over the next few days...thanks in advance for time and patience.

Question: Trying to compile my app w/ v4RB plugin 4.3 installed. RB complains about my standard edition of the app. The disableRBDB named file is in its correct location, inside the app bundle. Did something change I don't know about?

Also, if anyone wants to offer general guidance on the migration, I would be grateful. I understand that I need to create new constructors for my tables and db.

Thanks,

Robert

robert nichols

formwork design llc
114 3rd st ne | charlottesville, va 22902 | 434.296.2223 | formwork-architecture.com