V4MD: Insertion of a blank line while importing text

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Jan 22 07:07:38 CST 2010

On 1/22/10 2:34 PM, "Panagiotis Apostolellis" <takis73 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Panagiotis,

> The procedure is partly wrong. You have to:
> a) create a TEXT field (I don't know if the problem goes for VarChar too),
> b) type the 3 lines of text and
> c) OPEN the db from a Director11 movie,
> d) RETRIEVE the f2 field and
> e) put it in a TEXT member.

> Then you will see that there are blank lines inserted for every paragraph
> change (RETURN character). Please reproduce and let me know if you see the
> problem.

So far Ivan cannot reproduce it.

Panagiotis, once I again I want ask you do next:

* create in Vstudio that DB

* create for us small .dir file, which have ONLY one script with few lines
of code

    new Valentina
    db = new Vdatabase
    db.open that your db

    read value
    show value

* put both files into single folder, ZIP it and send us

So we can open dir, click RUN in Driector and see problem immidiatly.

This will be the most fast way to resolve this issue.
Okay?

I think it will take few minutes for you only.