comprehending binary links

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:37:30 CST 2010

Hi

Given a database with this structure:

CREATE TABLE "document" (
	"body" TEXT (512)  INDEXED WORDS,
	"id" STRING (24)  NOT NULL INDEXED,
	"title" VARCHAR (250) ,
	"body_length" LONG );

CREATE TABLE "doc_type" (
	"type" VARCHAR (2044)  NOT NULL UNIQUE INDEXED);

CREATE BINARY LINK "doc_type_to_document" ON TABLES ("doc_type",
"document") AS 1 TO 0 ON DELETE CASCADE;

The wiki (http://valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:vcomponents:vkernel:vlink:binarylink&s[]=link)
leads me to believe that this is how I should link rows in the two
tables together (below is the sample code from the wiki):

    INSERT INTO LINK link_Person_Phone VALUES( 1, 3 );

However, when I try to execute that line in the VStudio SQL Editor

    INSERT INTO LINK doc_type_to_document VALUES(1,1);

I get this error:

    Kernel error: 0x71000. line 1:13: unexpected token: LINK

Both tables have some test data in them (each table has a row with the
RECID of 1), although since this seems to be a synxax error I can't
see that the data values would even be involved.

Is the wiki example wrong, or have I misunderstood something?

Bernard