bug in length() function on large text fields?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 05:31:46 CST 2010

Hi Ruslan

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin
<ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:
> On 1/18/10 11:54 AM, "Bernard Devlin" <bdrunrev at gmail.com> wrote:
> This TEXT field is compressed?
>
> If yes then may be this is side effect of that bug
>
> If no compression, then yes please report it as separate issue.

Sorry to say that this is with an uncompressed TEXT field, so it is a
separate issue.  Furthermore, whilst the compressor error manifests
itself with text fields > 8.2mb in size, this problem begins to show
with text field sizes of around 64KB.

How can I export the results from VStudio so that you can see there is
some pattern to the incorrect values being reported by length()?  It
looks like an integer overflow problem.

Bernard