V4MD: Insertion of a blank line while importing text

Panagiotis Apostolellis takis73 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 07:52:00 CST 2010

2010/1/15 Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com>

> On 1/15/10 1:59 PM, "Panagiotis Apostolellis" <takis73 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Panagiotis
>
> > I am using Valentina for Director 11 (PC) and I noticed that when
> importing
> > text from a Text or VarChar field, Valentina inserts a blank line for
> every
> > RETURN (paragraph change) there is in the text.
>
> * Importing TO   or  Exporting FROM
>
> I am importing from a Valentina DB into a text member of my Director movie.

> > This happens both if storing
> > plain text or storing the RTF encoding  (which I translate to formatted
> text
> > with the member(x).rtf command within Director) in VStudio. The problem
> does
> > NOT happen if I import the text (either txt or rtf) from a text file on
> my
> > disk drive, using the import button or importFileInto command of
> Director.
> >
> > Could you please let me know why this may happen?
>
> Please show
>
> * few lines of your text file

This is a test for Ruslan so you can see for yourself what the problem is!!!
This second paragraph leaves a blank line before. The same between this and
the next one.
This text was written within VStudio!

> * what is produced by import OR export.

Text placed in a Director text member.

> * your code which do this import or export.

txtWanted = "linktext, year, photo, photo_lezantes"  -- the fields I want to
retrieve
linkTxtC = gDB.sqlSelect("SELECT "&txtWanted&" from chrono where enotita=
'"&enotita&"' ORDER BY year")  -- get those fields from Table "chrono"
matching criteria "enotita" ordered by "year"
gLinkTxt = linkTxtC.getRecordAsPropList(value(linCol.item[1])) -- put the
resulting records in a global list variable
txt = getProp(gLinkTxt, fText)  -- get field fText (in our case fText =
"linktext") from within the variable gLinkTxt
pSprite.member.text = txtOrRtf  -- put it as the text of a text sprite

The linktext field is a Text, 2044, Nullable, Indexed, UTF-16 field