AW: VSDK.framwork conflict?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Jan 14 05:53:45 CST 2010

On 1/14/10 9:43 AM, "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:

Hi Tiemo,

>>> I have an Rev App with a V4REV_3 DB, which is read only.
>>
>> APP is read only... OR DB is read only?
>> HOW YOU KNOW this?
>>
>> Your db files marked as read-only?
>
> My App is "read only", beside of a reindex at every program start, because
> of I had some index errors in the beginning at some customers. So the DB can
> not be marked as read only.

Hmm, not clear.

If you say that APP only READs,
And IF you will prepare DB on your computer, make diagnose,
Then deploy to users,

I do not see problems why you cannot mark it as READ ONLY.
Then cannot be any index problems future - they already exists.

> On Mac my DB is located inside the app bundle (because of easy install). Now
> I think if this could force corruptions and I should copy the DB to the user
> settings dir.

> On Win it is located in a sub dir of my prog dir, perhaps I should do a
> redesign and locate it in the Appdata dir.

> Would that be more appropriate and safer?

YES, especially if think about WIN Vista and win7.
They strictly on default prohobit WRITE into db files which are inside of
    /Program Files

This is why we also have change our WIN installers, to install Examples
folder into MyDocuments/Paradigma/VADK_4

> Do you think this could cause conflicts, though it has run fine before at
> these customers?

Don't know, but anyway correct step.

>> It more sounds like some kind of DB corruption...
>> May be of index only ... Then on next start Valentina may be is able
>> reindex
>> bad index...
>>
>> If reindex happens then this is reflected in the Warning_log_xxx

>> If problem happens on MAC, then you can and should check many things
>> a) crash log of your app
>> B) console app log to see any errors here.
>
> I will check these and report.
> Any chance on Windows to check for? Does Valentina produces a system or
> application event-log?

Only if you will enable DebugLevel.