compressor error

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 04:03:46 CST 2010

Hi Ruslan

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin
<ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:
> * Please report issue to mantis. Very detailed steps how to reproduce.
> Attach please compressed db.

I'm not sure how to locate Mantis.  Before reporting the issue here I
looked for a link for bug-reporting on your website, but couldn't find
one.  Please can you provide me with a URL.

> * Have you try o diagnose on your db
> Does it says All Right?

No I didn't run diagnose.  I changed the database setting in VStudio
which then decompressed the TEXT field.  No errors were reported
during this process.  Once that field was uncompressed I was then able
to browse records in the query Result window of the VStudio SQL Editor
with no errors being reported in the Console window.

> * CAN you browser all records in table in the Table Editor?
Again, I did not try that.

> * if you have REV script which build db  from scratch and load files into db
> also will be good to have it in mantis.

I plan to re-enable compression and see if the problem returns. If the
compression errors do not represent themselves, then I will try to
rebuild the database and see if they occur again.

I can let you have the script that populated the database, and a copy
of the database.  But even compressed we are talking about a total
size of 300+mb for the .vdb, .blb, and .ind files.  Can Mantis accept
a file of that size?

Regards,

Bernard