compressor error

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 09:52:35 CST 2010

Hi,

I'm still finding my way round Valentina (Valentina 4.3), and just
testing out some of the features.  I've stored hundreds of text files
in a database, and I'm very impressed with the search speeds (they are
insanely fast).

However, one thing I decided to do was to enable compression of the
text data.  A new db was created, and compression enabled, then the
files were inserted.

When I do a search such as:

SELECT left(body,100),id FROM documents WHERE left(body,6) = 'church';

I get 385 results.  When I page through the results, I get an error
like this in the Valentina Studio console:

15:36:31 Kernel error: 0x86000. Compressor error.

It's not even clear to me which record is throwing the Compressor
Error in VStudio.  When I export the records to a text file, there are
only 227 lines, not the 385 I would expect.  This presumably means the
error is around result 227.

I searched the mailing list but can find no mention of this error.  I
would like to use compression with Valentina, as I may be handling
huge amounts of data.

What can be done about this compressor error? Is it a known bug?

Regards,

Bernard