[FAQ] Overview/Compare of Valentina products

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Jan 3 02:25:16 CST 2010

On 1/3/10 6:30 AM, "Dean Utian" <d.utian at unsw.edu.au> wrote:

He Dean,

Thank you for question. May be we need add such FQA or page.

> Can you give me a brief overview of your different products - what is the
> Office Server, Studio, Application Developer Kit and Developer Network
> products. I know your site has bages for each but it's not very clear.
>
> From what I understand, you sell different packages of the database. The
> Director Xtra is free rght - you're not paying specifically for the plugin?

Not exactly, see below.

---------------------------------
* Valentina Studio - a GUI standalone application to manage LOCAL Valentina
db, and REMOTE dbs hosted on a Valentina Server.

---------------------------------
* Valentina Studio PRO - adds Valentina Report Editor. Future will be more
features here to get something near to FileMaker, Access.

---------------------------------
* Valentina ADK (Application Development Kit) -- this is a PLUGIN for some
IDE or programming language, which allows to developer embed Valentina
engine into his app.

ADK contains:
A) Valentina ENGINE, so you can work with LOCAL Valentina dbs and reports.
B) Valentina CLIENT - so your app can connect to a Valentina Server.

---------------------------------
* Valentina Server - a standalone application, which works as SERVER of
Valentina dbs to provide multi-user access.

Exists few editions of Valentina Server. Technically they all are the same.
Differ only by license of usage.

A) Valentina Office Server - we sale it on per unit base. Similar to most DB
Servers (Oracle, MS SQL, mySQL). This is good choice for a company, which
want just to get SINGLE db server into own office.

B) Valentina Embedded Server - is for DEVELOPERs, which need deploy their
app/solution to MANY locations. We reduce a lots prices of VSERVER for this.
Even better, VServer with 5 connections VDN developer can deploy ROYALTY
FREE.

C) Valentina Community Server - free, for linux + php/ruby only. For not
commercial use.

---------------------------------
IMPORTANT POINTS:

** ANY Valentina Client is FREE.

    This rule means, that if you have buy any Valentina Server,
    you can download ANY Valentina ADK and use it.
    Valentina Server do not care who connects to it:
        V4MD, V4RB, V4REV, C++, ...

** When you buy an ADK, you get serials. These serials open only Valentina
engine for LOCAL work. Really, you specify them into Valentina.Init()
method, but not into Valentina.InitClient(), because as said above VCLIENT
is free.

** VDN - Valentina Developer Network, is a bundle of few Valentina products:
    a) Valentina Embedded Server
    b) few ADKs
    c) VStudio

** Each ADK or VDN can go with REPORTs. If you choose this option, this
double price of a product.