No Diagnose File

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Wed Feb 24 12:40:10 CST 2010

Hi,

either I'm doing something stupid or something isn't working.

   dim theDiagnoseFile as FolderItem = GetTemporaryFolderItem
   if theDatabase.Diagnose(EVVerboseLevel.kNormal, theDiagnoseFile) then

     'database is okay
     theDiagnoseFile.Delete
   else

     Globals.theErrorLog.DialogErrorProceed "There are Problems within
the current Database! Please do a Dump/Load Dump to fix this."
     if theDiagnoseFile = nil or not theDiagnoseFile.Exists then
Return   -----> bail out here
     dim theDiagnoseBin as BinaryStream =
theDiagnoseFile.OpenAsBinaryFile
     if theDiagnoseBin = nil then Return
     dim DiagnoseResult as String = theDiagnoseBin.Read
(theDiagnoseBin.Length)
   end if

I wrecked a database on purpose so that theDatabase.Diagnose is true.
But the FolderItem is never created. Using Realbasic 2009r5 and
Valentina 4.3.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.