V4MD 4.5

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Fri Feb 19 13:52:26 CST 2010

On 2/19/10 at 2:34 PM, ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com (Ruslan
Zasukhin) wrote:

>On 2/19/10 9:07 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On 2/16/10 12:59 PM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
>><christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ruslan,
>>>    this request with VS 4.5 :
>>> SELECT DISTINCT concat (width, "*", height) as 'dimensions' FROM _type_album,
>>> _jonction_album WHERE (activation = TRUE AND idAlbum = _type_album.recID)
>>> ORDER by _type_album.recID
>>> => crash
>>>   SELECT DISTINCT concat (width, height) as 'dimensions'
>>>FROM _type_album,
>>> _jonction_album WHERE (activation = TRUE AND idAlbum = _type_album.recID)
>>> ORDER by _type_album.recID
>>> => in progress... but without end
>>
>>Hi Christian,
>>
>>* I have start Vstudio 4.5 on MAC.
>>* Opened your db you have give us
>>
>>* I have made query
>>
>>SELECT DISTINCT concat (width, '*', height) as 'dimensions'
>>
>>FROM _type_album, _jonction_album
>>
>>WHERE (activation = TRUE AND idAlbum = _type_album.recID)
>>
>>ORDER BY _type_album.recID
>>
>>And I see ERROR: Field "0" not found.
>
>This query returns the same 15 records without errors
>
>SELECT DISTINCT _type_album.recID, concat (width, '*', height) as
>'dimensions'
>FROM _type_album, _jonction_album
>WHERE (activation = TRUE AND idAlbum = _type_album.recID)
>ORDER BY _type_album.recID

Last October, I reported a problem with SQL (Mantis id #
0004601) where I was not including the order by field in the
result table.  I was told that this was not allowed according to
SQL standards.  So, if that is the case, why is it not obvious
that Christian's SQL is just incorrect?  Which is it?  Do we
need to have the order by field in the result table or not?  Am
I missing something?

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ