V4MD 4.5

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Feb 19 13:07:54 CST 2010

On 2/16/10 12:59 PM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
<christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:

> Ruslan,
>

> this request with VS 4.5 :
> SELECT DISTINCT concat (width, "*", height) as 'dimensions' FROM _type_album,
> _jonction_album WHERE (activation = TRUE AND idAlbum = _type_album.recID)
> ORDER by _type_album.recID
> => crash
>
> SELECT DISTINCT concat (width, height) as 'dimensions' FROM _type_album,
> _jonction_album WHERE (activation = TRUE AND idAlbum = _type_album.recID)
> ORDER by _type_album.recID
> => in progress... but without end

Hi Christian,

* I have start Vstudio 4.5 on MAC.
* Opened your db you have give us

* I have made query

SELECT DISTINCT concat (width, '*', height) as 'dimensions'

FROM _type_album, _jonction_album

WHERE (activation = TRUE AND idAlbum = _type_album.recID)

ORDER BY _type_album.recID

And I see
ERROR: Field "0" not found.

Well, I will clarify yet with Ivan if this should work in more sense way,
But it is obvious tat ORDER BY cause problem.
If comment it out then query works fine.

But, there is no any crash, and there is no any endless work for second
query.

About your V4MD code, which produce here VOID cursor,
I think this is because you did not check ERROR after SqlSelect().
But you must do this.

I know that Ivan did test your db on windows today, and told me that
Also do not see big problems so far...

May be we need talk in chat to nail this down?

Can it be bad install of 4.5 on your computer?