V4RB problem initializing with 4.8

Charles Cohen rwc1717 at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 27 19:57:06 CST 2010

I can initiate it using...

Valentina.Init(10*1024*1024)....and all runs fine...

However this makes the app run with the database demo timer enabled...ie: 10 minutes I believe..

I am looking for how to add my registration to the init line....

I have looked at the examples and tried to add my registration in the initValentina method..in init_shutdown example but the method doesn't need nor want the registration...as in too many parameters when I add m registration to the init Valentina method

After more experimentation I added the initValentina method to my app and edited the method as follows....

  // if you want to run this example as LOCAL database then set gClient = false.
  // if you want to run this example as CLIENT database then set gClient = true.
  //
  // In the last case you must have VServer running.
  // VServer should have use with name "sa" and password "sa".
  // Or you need change login parameters in the MakeNewDatabase() method.
  // If you want to use SSL connection - just set gSSLEnable to true.
  //
  gClient = false

  if( gClient ) then
    Valentina.InitClient( 10 )
  else
    Valentina.Init(inCacheSize,strV,"") 'also used Valentina.Init(inCacheSize,strV)
    'if Valentina.CacheSize = 0 then
    'MsgBox "Valentina was not initialized!"
    'end if
  end if

These all faiiled...

So how does one init the database with my registration?