installing and using V4REV in Linux questions

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Wed Dec 15 17:08:03 CST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 20:56 +0200, Ivan Smahin wrote:
> Seems to be some mess in /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/
> You may drop all the files there before installation.
>
> > Livecode every time. What should the entries in the Externals.txt
> and
> > Database Drivers.txt files be?
> >
> No such entry at all. Just put v4rev.so into ~/my_LiveCode/Externals.
> That's all

Hi Ivan,

I had deleted /usr/local/lib/vcomponents prior to installation so that
is not an issue. I am running Linux Mint 10, which should work if it
works in Ubuntu. I tried it also in LM 9 with the same instant crash.
This is in Livecode 4.5.2 and 4.5.1.  About the text files; doesn't
Livecode use these to identify and load the available externals? Are you
certain these are unnecessary?

Does anybody have v4rev working under Ubuntu and have the time to spare
to contribute advice?

Thanks,

Warren Samples