Hard crash with new beta

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat Dec 11 10:19:26 CST 2010

Some more information: it looks like the database isn't written to disk. The size is 0, which I can see in Finder and the debugger. If I wait a while then the file is written. Flushing doesn't seem to work, however the database I use for testing is quite small (40 MB). How can I force the write?

Begin forwarded message:

> I'm getting a hard crash in a very simple SQL query with the new beta at the following line of code:
>
>  dim PrintCursor as VCursor =  theDatabase.SqlSelect("select RecID, * from message" , EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kNoLocks, EVCursorDirection.kRandom)
>
> What is crashing here? The odd thing is when I do the same select for an existing database everything is okay. For a new database I get this crash. After a record is added flush is used.
>
> If I take the database that has crashed and try again I don't get a crash. So it must be something with adding new records. I'm a bit at a loss how to do a simple example for this.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.