[V4CC] I have decide return back VCursor constructor.

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Aug 28 00:17:14 CDT 2010

On 8/28/10 1:39 AM, "Erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

>> Hi Erne,
>>
>> I have look around carefully,
>>
>> And have found that V4RB has this constructor
>>     Vcursor.Constructor( Query, CursorKind, ... )
>>
>> And it is described in the WIKI / API
>>

>> So I decide return it back,
>> Even more -- I think it needs ad one more,
>> Which accepts not database as parameter, but Vconnection.
>>

> Great! Much cleaner than play with autorelease pools ;-)

Actually this is not related to pools absolutely Erne.

And you should LOVE to use pools,
Just try google on them you will find many tips and tricks and reasons to
use pools in Cocoa apps. Even to be able work with many objects and not eat
RAM.

> While you're at it it would be really nice if you consider to return
> autoreleased objects from cursor methods like
> [cursor fieldAtIndex:]

NO.

I think you wrong here. I have see you did add autorelease in
    [[cursor field:xx] autorelase]

In the test example in mantis. Why ???

I have remove them in your test and all perfectly works.

And in our V4CC examples we do not do this.
So why you think you was need that ?

We have internally COMPLEX integration between V4CC objects and KERNEL
objects.

> It would be consistent with cocoa memory conventions, and we could still
> retain them if we need them around out of the loop cycle.

So what problems now ?

Btw, why you think we have removed autorelease ?