[V4CC] x64 and x32 Frameworks are separate.

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Aug 26 03:32:38 CDT 2010

On 8/25/10 1:21 PM, "Erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

Hi Erne,

> Another stupid question:
> is V4RB_64 meant to build only for x_64 targets?

Well, yes.

We have made this for VSERVER -
    we have TWO separate archives for x32 and x64.

And we have separate vcomponents folders:
    /usr/local/lib/vcomponents
    /usr/local/lib/vcomponents_x64

===========
Yes, I know that XCODE allow make single DYLIB or APP including both
    32 (PPC and Intel) and x64 ( PPC and Intel)

But we decided to avoid unnecessary big archives  split them.
And we have see many products do this also.

===========
So you want to have single target in your project which builds code for 32
and 64 ...

Well, you can install on the same computer both V4CC and V4CC_x64.

And I have hear exists default Apple utility which can join two dylibs into
single.

May be we can together prepare script, which calls this utility
And create V4CC_32_64.framework,

But yet problem with vcomponents ...

V4CC now points it. And our Deployment script change it as you know later
when we prepare app for deployment.

I afraid that can be only single such path ...

This means that we need by script also join vcomponents and vcomponents_64
And produce e.g. Vcomponents_32_64 folder.

In theory  should be possible ...