Application not responding during diagnose

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Wed Aug 11 07:06:31 CDT 2010

valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net schrieb am 11.08.2010 08:10:03:

> I think you talk about different things.
>
> To avoid blocking in your RB code by some algorithm
> You can always run it in separate thread, right?
> Just this will add level of complexity
>

> What REAL says about I think is that they add YIELD() call to own loops in
> own plugins. But we cannot add this calls in KERNEL of Valentina because
> kernel knows nothing about REALbasic.
>
> And I will say this YIELD() is required because REALbasic AFAIK uses old
> style corporative threading instead of 10-15 years modern way PREEMPTIVE.

Hi Ruslan,

I'm definitely not talking about different things. Actually, I AM using a thread but even then some actions in Valentina make the application look like it's hanging. These are indexing and diagnosing. The text from Real that I quoted seems to indicate that they found a way around this.

Regards

Trixi