Application not responding during diagnose

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Aug 11 01:10:03 CDT 2010

On 8/4/10 6:31 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

>> The ODBC database plugin now has some feature parity with MySQL, PostgreSQL
>> and REAL Server plugins - it no longer blocks the REALbasic threads when
>> calling SQLSelect and SQLExecute.
>
> Could it be possible after all? Can you ask Real how to do this? Should I add
> a Mantis issue? This blocking issue really is confusing users. I just had a
> user complaining again that the app was unresponsive during re-index.

I think you talk about different things.

To avoid blocking in your RB code by some algorithm
You can always run it in separate thread, right?
Just this will add level of complexity

What REAL says about I think is that they add YIELD() call to own loops in
own plugins. But we cannot add this calls in KERNEL of Valentina because
kernel knows nothing about REALbasic.

And I will say this YIELD() is required because REALbasic AFAIK uses old
style corporative threading instead of 10-15 years modern way PREEMPTIVE.