vTable.AddRecord

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Apr 14 02:50:47 CDT 2010

On 4/14/10 12:40 AM, "Infinity Development Team"
<dev at infinitydatasystems.com> wrote:

> I didn't try that but I did remove the IndexbyWords in favor just a standard
> Index. That seemed to solve the problem entirely.

Hi Matt,

But now question is:
    if you really need index on TEXT field which is not BY WORDS?

Such index will use as a KEY the first 256 bytes of your text.

> It also sped up import by a
> factor of five.

Thanks for the help
Matt

Import?

Actually if Valentina see that import is big quite comparing to table size,
Then it disable indexing, do import, then do reindex.

Note, that you also can control such disabling of index and then REINDEX,
Using
    VTable.IndexChanges = false

        ... Massive changes

    VTable.IndexChanges = true