Table copy

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Tue Apr 13 12:22:36 CDT 2010

Hi,

> Hi Thomas,
>
>> I like to copy a table with all records to another database.
>> I found this in sql:
>>
>> dest_vdb.SqlExecute("INSERT INTO newtbl SELECT * FROM source_vdb.sourcetbl")
>>
>> But in which syntax do I specify the source-databasefile in this sql?
>
> To move records between dbs you should use
>
> A) text export/import
> B) Sql export/import
> C) XML export/import
>
> On your choice.

I tried it now, and its sloooooow....

Dont you have at least something, which doesn't write the stuff to a file on
the harddisk first? Maybe using a memory-stream?

Even my old MS Access 97 could do a
"INSERT INTO dest_vdb.newtbl SELECT * FROM source_vdb.sourcetbl"
from one db to another and this is faaaaast...

I'll put this on mantis.

Tom

--
**   Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Flemming