Database erros, what to do?

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Sat Apr 10 10:53:26 CDT 2010

Hi,

from time to time a database got corrupted, mainly during crashes while
developing the application.

Just now I have VExeption.Number= 9952B
(Messgetext is again empty, but this is another issue...;)
In vnet_kernel_errors.xml I found:

<SQLSTATE name="9952B">
   <DESCRIPTION>ERR_INTERNAL_WRONG_SEGMENT</DESCRIPTION>
   <MESSAGE>Owner name &quot;%S&quot;: Segment &quot;%S&quot; is wrong. The
last segment is &quot;%S&quot;.</MESSAGE>
</SQLSTATE>

When I open this vdb in VS I also got the same error and diagnose is saying:

Table: My Routes
     Field: recidx , type Unsigned Long
     IndexFile - All right
     All right
     Field: name , type String
     IndexFile - All right
     All right
     Field: cnt , type Unsigned Long - All right
     Field: disttotal , type Unsigned Long - All right
     Field: timetotal , type Unsigned Long - All right
     Field: rwpprefix , type String - All right
     Field: gpsnumber , type Unsigned Medium - All right
     Field: info , type Text - Problems found
     Field: links , type Text - All right
     Field: flags , type Long - All right
     Field: del , type Boolean - All right
     Field: xdata , type BLOB - All right
     Field: xroutingprofile , type BLOB - All right
     Field: xstyle , type BLOB - All right
     Problems found

Is there anything I can do now apart from deleting the vdb?
Are there repair-tools or repair-functions in the sdk?

Regards,
Tom

--
**   Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Flemming