V4CC - Leaks

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Apr 1 01:14:28 CDT 2010

On 3/30/10 12:33 PM, "Erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

Erne,

I need check this self deeply before comment.
Few days please.

>> Will be interesting to see this TIPs on the list Thorsten :)
>
> Here's the big problem, from what I've learned from Thorsten Valentina
> DOES NOT abide by the memory management rules well estabilished for
> the Cocoa environment.
>
> That is (from docs):
> You take ownership of an object if you create it using a method whose
> name begins with ³alloc² or ³new² or contains ³copy² (for example,
> alloc, newObject, or mutableCopy), or if you send it a retain message.

This is apple docs :)
About apple frameworks...

> If there's no clear rule it's very hard to play nice...

> As you know I'm a big fan of Vale, so will take the pain to learn what
> it takes to take good care of her
> but if you are eager to lure others into her charms I strongly
> recommend you teach her how to behave ;-)

Well, I'd like to read tips from Thorsten here :)

Because so far I do not see good where problem is.

By your picture in mantis I see that was not unlocked objects of class way,
such as Table -> Field

We do this locks internally to get better speed.

We do the same locks in V4RB.

It needs to see if objects live, because top level object - db was not
killed, or some bug in our destructors.

Anyway, if all works right, this internal locks should be transparent for
you.