Deciphering warnings

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Mon Sep 28 11:33:11 CDT 2009

Hi Ruslan,

sorry for the late answer, but I was in gardening mode.

On 23.09.2009, at 19:38, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> have a bit of a problem with the warnings file, which contains the
>> following
>> lines:
>>
>> Get Trigger : No trigger with name ChangeAttachmentCount
>> Get View : No view with name CheckDuplicates
>> Get SP : No SP with name PathSort
>> Get SP : No SP with name MailboxName
>>
>> These are just about all Triggers, Views and Functions that I create.
>>
>> 1. What does it want to tell me? For instance the first trigger is
>> created
>> when the database is created.
>
> Well, such warns are produced when is called
>
>        GetTrigger(name)
>        GetView(name)
>
> And object was not found.
>
> Sounds like some code try access your object before it is created.

I think I found the issue: when using "create or replace" the replace
causes the warning to be created. See Mantis 4580.

> 2. Would it be possible to add a date stamp to each line in the
> warning? Then
>> I have a much better chance to find out which line is causing the
>> warning.
>
> In theory yes.

Added to Mantis as 4579.

>> 3. When should I add WarningMode off in code? From experimenting
>> just now it
>> seems directly after creating or opening.
>
> After Valentina.Init?

This doesn't work. You need a database to have SQL work.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.