Can I update a group of records in a table from another group of records in the same table with one SQL statement?

Barry G. Sumpter barrysum at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 16 22:55:54 CDT 2009

Hi Ruslan,

About two years ago you assisted me in writing a single sql statement
to copy 100 records into a table from the same table.

I'd now like to update those records from data from the same table.

Is this allowed in Valentina?

UPDATE myTable
( myField1, myField2, myField3, myField4 )
WHERE myTable.myField1 = 'UpdateTheseRecordsSelectionCriteria1'
SELECT myField1, myField2, myField3, myField4
  FROM myTable
WHERE myTable.Field1 = 'WithDataFromTheseRecordsSelectionCriteria2';

Thanks and all the best,
     Barry G. Sumpter