Encryption Valentina Freezes on open of last encrypted db - Work Around

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Sep 11 01:45:54 CDT 2009

On 9/11/09 6:09 AM, "Barry G. Sumpter" <barrysum at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

Hi Barry,

> When Using encryption and Valentina Freezes on open of last encrypted db
>
> In Valentina Studio Pro
> Got to
> Edit | Preferences
> General
> Tick off: Open Databases at Startup
>
> Close VSP
> Open VSP
> Click on View Schema Editor
> File | Open Recent Database ....

Okay, you have found how to disable
    Automatic open of last dbs on startup of VS.

In right place, not in XML files but just in Prefs of apps.

Good.

And it sounds we must check Vstudio when this option is on.
VS should not freeze of course on this.
Igor, please heck this.

> Just found ins same area Editors | Data Editor  | Tick off: Show OID
> Thanks for this feature - very nice!

I don't know why you need OID,
And I think RecID is more important for you now.

What about yet you want get verbose answer from us? :-)

BTW in the Valentina WIKI present quite big and detailed page about
encryption methods.