SELECT ** // Am I too old to learn Valentina?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Sep 6 03:14:50 CDT 2009

On 9/6/09 6:55 AM, "Greg Olson-Hyde" <greg at hawkmount.com> wrote:

Hi Greg,
Hi Barry,

Barry, thanks a lots for help to Greg, while we was sleeping :)

>> * = all fields
>> ** = all fields AND RecID AND OID
>
> Thanks once again Barry. An interesting concept - not in SQLite as far
> as I know - should prove to be very useful!!

1) Let me clarify here.

SELECT ** FROM T

    selects ALL FIELDS + ALL METHODS.

2) METHODS

Greg, I believe you know what is METHODS of Valentina
    if remember Calculated Fields of FileMaker

The same concept. You can create calculated fields in Valentina Tables.

SELECT *  will not show them.
Made for compatibility with other RDBMS.

NOTE If you need just RecID and FIELDs then better can be

    SELECT RecID, * FROM T

All this I believe is mentioned in Valentina SQL Reference

<http://valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:vcomponents:vsql:ref
erence:reference>