Umlauts and Revolution

Peter Malecki pemalecki at googlemail.com
Tue May 26 02:34:59 CDT 2009

Hello Ruslan,

input / output problems. Here both are working well by itself for
Valentina Studio and Revolution (UTF-16), apparently there is an issue
of data exchange. It seems I have to convert date before sending it
from Revolution, but how and what special scheme do I need?

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin
<sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:
> On 5/25/09 11:11 AM, "Peter Malecki" <pemalecki at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Peter,
>
>> I am struggling with umlauts using Revolution and think it is a
>> problem of data exchange between Valentina and Revolution because it
>> works well within Valentina.
>>
>> 1.) Displaying data from a found set is no problem using UTF-8 with
>> Revolution although the documentation says: it uses UTF-16 by
>> default...
>
> What exactly is UTF8?
>
> NOTE: db files must be in UTF16 only!
>    please do not try set db to be UTF8.
>

>> 2.) Searching for umlauts doesn't work from Revolution, e.g. search
>> for "ändern, übel, öde, büßen but also French characters like é, à or
>> Spanish containig ~".
>> I found no way to convert such search strings. Any idea? Thank you for help!
>
> I think key to success here is function
>
>    db.IOEncoding()
>
> Also try to search this list archive back on few months.
> In Feb March I remember was similar questions from Director and Rev users.
>

>> Intel-Mac, Mac OS X 10.4, Revolution 3.5 Enterprise Edition
>>
>> By the way: Valentina's performance is great! But I needed some time,
>> studying the Wiki :-)
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Ruslan Zasukhin