Query in multiple databases

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 25 05:38:54 CDT 2009

On 5/25/09 1:00 PM, "Thomas Flemming" <tf at ttqv.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> I like to know, if there is some features in Valentina to easily access tables
> across multiple databases.

No way currently.

> I have to deal with gigs of data, which is divided into 20-30 different
> databases. All databases have the same structure.
>
> So when I do a query in a specific table, I would like the engine to look in
> all databases in this table.
>
> Is this somehow possible?
>
> I know, I can do a select with union, but maybe there is something more
> elegant with the api?
>
> btw: all data-access is readonly in my case.

Not so far, one developer have told me, they also have 255 dbs,
With the same single table, but they have own hash-function which convert
Key of a record to an index of db.

But that is read/write of some db.

For search I think you self can start N search against of N dbs.
May be in N threads to use more CPUs of computer.
Results combine into new tmp table. RAM or disk...